Subversive Front is an association for sexual and gender minorities.
- Advocacy and policy influence on the rights and status of sexual and gender minorities;
- Development of the sexual and gender minorities community;
- Research and provision of evidence of the issues and needs of the sexual and gender minorities community.
- Mission: Subversive Front is a community-engaged organization that aims to promote justice, freedom and equality for the members of the sexual and gender minorities in North Macedonia through the principles of accountability, solidarity and inclusivity.
- Vision: Subversive Front believes that in order for the members of the sexual and gender minorities to live freely, openly and authentically, we must develop evidence-based policies, programmes and services that support the self-identified needs of our community.
- Establishment of research programs at local, national, regional and global level for generating data and knowledge about the needs and concerns of the sexual and gender minorities community;
- Support in the individual and collective building of a community of sexual and gender minorities in order for its members to be at the forefront of all our activities;
- Advocacy of policies and laws that address the needs of the sexual and gender minorities community, and ensure their protection.
- Building cooperation, partnerships and alliances with civil society organizations, ministries, local self-government units, state agencies, bureaus and administrations, trade unions, health-care institutions, educational institutions, social work centers, youth organizations, youth workers, media, family members, supporters and allies, researchers and research institutes and agencies, international organizations and institutions, and other stakeholders in order to advance the status and the human rights of sexual and gender minorities in the country and beyond.
General Assembly Notes:
Fifth Annual Assembly of S-Front, 26.03.2018
In the fifth annual assembly, held on 26.03.2018, the following decisions were made::
- Change of organizational structure with the addition of a Steering Board and Executive Director, and abolishing the Executive Board and President.
- Selection of new Steering Board members, with a mandate of three (3) years: Antonio Mihajlov, Daniel Mitkovski and Kristefer Stojanovski.
- Selection of Angelina Ivanova as the new Executive Director, with a mandate of three (3) years.
- Change of organizational seat from street Macedonia 11/2-10 to Blvd. Kuzman Josifovski Pitu 19/5-28.
- Enrolling in three (3) networks: NNAHT (National Network Against Homophobia and Transphobia), NYCM (National Youth Council of Macedonia) and NHSM (No Hate Speech Movement).
- Adoption of the annual and financial report for 2017.
- Decisions on individuals’ requests for granting membership to S-Front and confirming resignations from membership to S-Front.
- Adopted amendments and additions to the Status of S-Front-see here: S-Front, Statute, 26.03.2018.
Fourth Annual Assembly of S-Front, 17.03.2017
In the fourth annual assembly, held on 17.03.2017, the following decisions were made:
- The decision for Nikolaj Mitreski to be a member of the Executive Board of S-Front and with that the termination of the mandate for the current member of the Executive Board, Aleksandra Bogdanovska
- Daniel Mitkovski and Ilina Mojsovska are reelected as members of the Executive Board
- Adoption of the annual narrative and financial report for 2016
Third annual assembly of S-Front, 25.01.2016
In the third annual assembly, held on 25th of January 2016, the following decisions were made:
- The decision for Natali Petrovska to be a member of the Executive Board of S-Front and with that the termination of the mandate for the current member of the Executive Board, Dragana Drndarevska
- Antonio Mihajlov is reelected as a member of the Executive Board and President of S-Front
- Adopted amendments and additions to the Status of S-Front-see here: S-Front, Statute, 25.01.2016
Second Annual Assembly of S-Front, 29.12.2014
In the second annual assembly for S-Front, held on 29th of December 2014, the following decisions were made:
- New members of the Executive Board of S-Front are Aleksandra Bogdanovska, Daniel Mitkovski and Ilina Mojsovska and termination on the mandates of Blagorodna Apostolovska, Luka Ivanov and Lina Kjostarova-Unkovska
- The new location for the organization is st. “Makedonija” no. 11/2-10, Centar, Skopje
Founding assembly of Subversive Front, 23.06.2013
The Association for critical approach to gender and sexuality – Subversive Front Skopje was founded on the 3 of July 2013.
The association will work on promoting critical non-patriarchal approach to gender and sexuality, on opening a non-homophobic debate on the rights of people who do not identify with the dominant heteronormative values, on strategies for creating a positive social and political environment for these people as well as organizing a queer and LGBT community which will get motivated to take part in the campaign and fight for equal rights.
The location for the Association is st. “Venijamin Machukovski” no. 1A-1/13, Aerodrom, Skopje, and so far it has more than 15 members.
The founders of the Association are Viktorija Atanasova, Blagorodna Apostolovska, Denica Apostolovska, Luka Ivanov, Andrea Krajevska and Antonio Mihajlov, the President of the Association is Antonio Mihajlov.
The member of the first Executive Board are Blagorodna Apostolovska, Dragana Drndarevska, Luka Ivanov, Antonio Mihajlov and Lina Kjostarova-Unkovska.