The proposed project aims to address the above issues and needs by:
– Developing and strengthening the capacities of the civil servants from all the 15 ministries of the Macedonian government on non-discrimination, hate speech and sensitization in working with SGM individuals,
– Developing and strengthening the capacities of the public sector employees (healthcare professionals, police officers, judges, prosecutors, attorneys at law, social workers, employment agencies’ employees, etc.) on non-discrimination, hate speech and sensitization in working with SGM individuals,
– Developing capacities for conducting, organizing and evaluating training programmes on non-discrimination and sensitization in working with SGM individuals among the civil servants and the public sector employees,
– Developing interest, enthusiasm and commitment among the civil servants which would lead them towards taking action in creating, adopting and implementing a National Strategy on SGM and a National Action Plan on SGM in Macedonia, and
– Providing direct support services to at least 100 SGM individuals through:
– community engagement, involvement and interaction,
– free psychosocial support and counselling so as to decrease negative psychosocial outcomes of SGM individuals,
– increasing SGM rights awareness through awareness raising tools and activities, and
– free legal aid and counselling in order to respond to the violations of the human rights of the SGM individuals.
The projects back donor is the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and the grant is managed by the NHC.
Date of implementation: 12/2018 to 12/2021