Description of activities:
– Developing and strengthening the capacities of the civil servants from all the 15 ministries of the Macedonian government on non-discrimination, hate speech and sensitization in working with SGM individuals,
– Developing and strengthening the capacities of the public sector employees (healthcare professionals, police officers, judges, prosecutors, attorneys at law, social workers, employment agencies’ employees, etc.) on non-discrimination, hate speech and sensitization in working with SGM individuals,
– Developing capacities for conducting, organizing and evaluating training programmes on non-discrimination and sensitization in working with SGM individuals among the civil servants and the public sector employees,
– Developing interest, enthusiasm and commitment among the civil servants which would lead them towards taking action in creating, adopting and implementing a National Strategy on SGM and a National Action Plan on SGM in North Macedonia, and
– Providing direct support services to at least 100 SGM individuals through:
– community engagement, involvement and interaction,
– free psychosocial support and counselling so as to decrease negative psychosocial outcomes of SGM individuals,
– increasing SGM rights awareness through awareness raising tools and activities, and
– free legal aid and counselling in order to respond to the violations of the human rights of the SGM individuals.
Date of implementation: 12/2018 to 12/2021
899 955 NOK
The projects back donor is the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and the grant is managed by the NHC.