Aims and objectives
The main objective of the project:
- Increase cooperation of youth from five countries, so that they increase their knowledge and skills for adequate and sensibilized work with LGBT people, through non-formal education, in order to make a significant progress in solving the problems of this vulnerable population at the regional level.
- In the period of 6 months, to increase the knowledge and skills of youth workers for adequate access to work and support for LGBT people.
- In a period of 6 months, write the Guide for youth workers, which will enable adequate knowledge and skills for the proper approach to dealing with LGBT people.
- In the 12 months to increase the participation of youth workers in LGBT activism. In the 3 months to increase informing decision-makers, the media, the donor community and the general public about the results of the project
All project activities will be grouped in 5 cycles:
- Preparatory activities for the project.
- Invitation and selection of trainees.
- Organization of training.
- Preparation and distribution of a printed guide for youth workers.
- The organization of the conference.
Project coordinator: Asocijacija Duga – Serbia
Project partners: Subversive Front – Macedonia, BONSAI – Croatia, Institution for protection of human rights “INDEPENDENT” – Bosnia and Herzegovina, LGBT Forum “Progres” – Montenegro.
Duration: August 2016 – August 2017
The grant awarded for the project is 53,560 EUR.